Air Pollution Control Equipment (Dust Collectors)
Markair has provided high-quality industrial ventilation and dust collection products to Florida and southern Georgia regions for over 30 years. As a manufacturer’s representative and consultant, we supply customers with superior products as well as expert application support. Together, these product and service offerings ensure they receive a ventilation and/or dust collection solution that meets their exact needs.
One of our core product offerings is air pollution control equipment. This product category encompasses a wide range of products, including particulate dust collectors, industrial vacuum systems, and fume collection, all of which are engineered to regulate or eliminate the presence of potentially hazardous compounds—e.g., dust and smoke in the air. By integrating these devices in an industrial or commercial facility, facility owners and managers can improve the air quality, which translates to cleaner and safer conditions for occupants.
Particulate Dust Collection Equipment
As suggested by their name, industrial and commercial dust collectors collect and remove dust and other similar particulates from the air. They are available in a variety of designs and configurations to suit different dust collection applications. We offer the following types of dust collectors and related equipment:
- Cartridge Dust Collectors: These units utilize dust collection cartridges with pleated air filtration media to collect and remove dust. They are suitable for high-volume, low-loading dust collection applications that do not involve high temperatures, moisture levels, or larger particles.
- Wet Dust Collectors: These units utilize liquid-gas or gas-liquid solutions to collect and remove solid and water-soluble gas pollutants. They are suitable for explosive dust collection applications.
- Baghouse Collectors: These units utilize cylindrical air filter fabrics to collect and remove dust. They are suitable for high-volume dry dust collection applications.
- Cyclones: These units utilize centrifugal force to separate, collect, and remove dry particulate matter from air. They are suitable for high-volume dust collection applications involving heavier dust and higher temperatures. We also offer multi-cyclone variations.
- Electrostatic Precipitators: These units utilize static electricity to collect and remove particulate matter. They are suitable for fine dust collection applications.
- Pulse Jet Cleaning Dust Collectors: These units are used for continuous-duty dust collection applications.
- Reverse Air Cleaning Dust Collectors: These units are used for continuous-duty dust collection applications that require lower energy and/or compressed air usage.
- Portable Dust Collector Units: These units are designed for easy transport between facility areas and facilities.
- Down-Draft Tables: These units are designed for bench top work like welding and grinding when a down draft work surface is needed. Downdraft tables can be dry cartridge type or wet depending on the application and explosive nature of the dust being handled.
- NFPA-Compliant Dust Collectors: These units meet the dust collection standards set by the National Fire Prevention Association. They are suitable for dust collection applications involving combustible materials.
In addition to dust collector units, we also supply the following auxiliary equipment and accessories:
- Fans: These components direct unprocessed air into the dust collector and processed air out of the dust collector.
- Dust Booths: These elements help contain dust and other airborne pollutants.
- Ductwork: These components are used to facilitate the transport of unprocessed air into the dust collector and processed air out of the dust collector.
- Hoods: These components facilitate the collection of dust.
Industrial Vacuum Systems
Similar to industrial dust collectors, industrial vacuum systems are used to keep work areas clean and air quality levels high. Unlike dust collectors, they operate at higher pressures and accommodate lower volumes. We offer the following types of vacuum systems:
Central Vacuum Systems
Central vacuum systems are designed for permanent installation in a facility. They have a centralized receptacle for collected dust to which multiple vacuum hoses are connected.
Portable Vacuum Units
Portable vacuum units are designed for mobility. They can be carried to different areas of the facility as needed.
NFPA-Compliant Vacuum Systems
NFPA-compliant vacuum systems meet the electrical safety equipment standards set by the National Fire Prevention Association.
Auxiliary Equipment and Accessories
In addition to vacuum systems, we supply a variety of auxiliary equipment and accessories. Our regenerative blowers move air by pulling it in through the inlet, accelerating it, and discharging it through the outlet. Our positive displacement (PD) blowers move air by trapping it and using a pressure differential to discharge it. We also carry equipment components, such as piping, tubing, and tools.
Fume Collection Equipment
Our fume, odor, and solvent collection and destruction equipment offerings include:
These units help contain fumes, odors, solvents, and other airborne pollutants.
Welding & Soldering Source Capture Systems
Welding source capture systems collect welding fumes at the point of welding. They help keep the welder from breathing in the fumes and the fumes from escaping into the greater facility air. We offer portable units to allow for easy transport between welding locations.
Ambient Welding & Soldering Systems
Ambient systems utilize a central dust collector and larger volumes of air that turn over and filter the air for the entire production area. This is a beneficial system when source capture is difficult or not possible.
Other Equipment Accessories
We also maintain a vast inventory of equipment accessories to support customer needs. For example, we carry replacement filter cartridges and fans to assist in equipment upkeep and NFPA explosion vents and explosion isolation equipment to facilitate combustible material collection and removal operations. Other accessories available include pulse controls, rotary airlocks/valves, screw conveyors, and slide gate dampers.
High-Quality Air Pollution Control Systems at Markair
If you need air pollution control equipment, Markair has got you covered. We offer a broad selection of particulate dust collectors, industrial vacuum systems, fume, odor, and solvent collection and destruction units, and other equipment accessories. To learn more about our product offerings or speak with one of our representatives about your equipment requirements, contact us today.